The original firewall blanket was old, greasy and didn’t even cover the full firewall.

I did a lot of research on various material to cover the firewall to protect against, heat, flame and sound.

I really liked a material from Aircraft Spruce, but of course it was not FAA approved.

I send a few pieces to a DER for testing and get the test report so now it IS approved on my aircraft.

I cleaned the firewall, cut the material and used 3M V77 adhesive spray to attach it.

Categories: Fuselage

Will Ware

Will Ware

I live in Rockwall Texas and I’m rebuilding a 108-1. I’m a Captain at Southwest Airlines but I LUV taildraggers.

0 Comments

Leave a Reply