Another one?

Well, sometimes you come across a deal that you just cant turn down, and N97822 was one of those deals.

I was offered to purchase her from an Aviation foundation after her previous owner had wrecked her on landing by hitting a taxi light. The owner then subsequently passed away so the repairs were never done.

I purchased her and had it shipped from Ark to Tx.

N97822 is a 108-1, and I wanted the project mainly for the Franklin 150 engine. the fuselage was badly damaged because the right main gear hit the runway taxi light and broke almost all the tubes in that area of the fuselage.

I was storing her at a friends grass strip, but recently moved her down to my hangar and began removing the engine.

Now its time to send both this engine, and the original F150 to AirWorx to get overhauled into one good engine!

Shop Stuff

Busy day in a cold hangar, (well Texas cold 35’). Even with the blow heater it was not great.
Anyway bought a new large sandblast cabinet from “FB marketplace” for $100. I did put it on casters and raised the height by 4” bc I’m 6’6” tall.
Also build a spray booth by cutting 4×8 sheets of insulation and duct tape, total cost $22. I’m going to use a box fan and filter to help move the air.
My first thing in the San blaster was the aileron pulleys from the control column. I expect the control column back from the power coating company soon and all new bearings and pulleys.

I also measured the P/N 41001 pulleys for the Rudder cable AD also. I would like to find a match that is less than the $150 per pulley that Univair wants for the 41001.