Old then New

I have no idea if these brake lines were original or now, but they sure were old and brittle. I found a hose shop and had a new set made. Cost wasn’t too bad, about $180 for the 4.

The original hoses had a end that was also used to connect to the frame, but finding that fitting was difficult and if found, costly, so I used an AD832-4D to connect to the frame and the two hoses.

Old hose end in the foreground, and AN832-4D in the background

Another one?

Well, sometimes you come across a deal that you just cant turn down, and N97822 was one of those deals.

I was offered to purchase her from an Aviation foundation after her previous owner had wrecked her on landing by hitting a taxi light. The owner then subsequently passed away so the repairs were never done.

I purchased her and had it shipped from Ark to Tx.

N97822 is a 108-1, and I wanted the project mainly for the Franklin 150 engine. the fuselage was badly damaged because the right main gear hit the runway taxi light and broke almost all the tubes in that area of the fuselage.

I was storing her at a friends grass strip, but recently moved her down to my hangar and began removing the engine.

Now its time to send both this engine, and the original F150 to AirWorx to get overhauled into one good engine!